journal archives tagboard affiliates
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
/8:47 pm

With the official internship end date drawing near this friday, I've decided not to extended despite my earlier considerations. I should get down to my ISM, and the guangzhou trip got pushed forward by one week, and I probably wouldn't get to see anymore projects to completion (as my supervisor says).

The internship has had its trying moments, like the insanely-tedious-to-aggregate-IO tables. But most of it has been fun and challenging. I was quite down in the fourth week, following ruixiang's accident, but I've picked myself up since then. I loved the oil rig visit on the fifth weekend(oh how I wish I brought a camera), and I can differentiate a jack-up from a semi-sub. I've trawled through more annual reports that I'd like to count, puzzled over strange looking trends, and become very very familiar with factiva. The work is very engaging and real, and I've been using my brains quite a fair bit.

And yes, I would like to work there (if they would want me). I would probably have to re-sort my priorities. I realise I am still adopting a belief system that is rather old, and not in line with what I would like my life to be. It's probably time for another talk with JJ. At times it feels as though we're still thinking of things in the same way we dreamt of when we were 14 and 15 and in a new relationship.

0 had their say | have yours?