journal archives tagboard affiliates
Saturday, July 19, 2008
/1:40 am

I would eventually blog about nyco's concert, but there's something else.

One of my juniors, CF, sported a bald head in the concert today. From the principal YQ seat to the timpani, to lead drummer, she was extremely noticable for most of the concert. She did it as part of Hair for Hope. I really respect the kind of person that she is - decisive, firm in her beliefs, and determined. This shows not only from making the decision to participate in it, or shaving bald barely before the concert, but from all the other interactions I've had with her as well. Xy and I think that she will go far in life.

Read her here : http://chewy-fei.livejournal.com/

I'm glad the MC made a point to comment on her (lack of) hair after the last percussion item, and I'm very touched by the resounding applause the audience gave her. I'm glad YQP has someone like her, because she is someone that all the juniors can learn from.

And of course her skills and taifeng and absolute suave-ness on stage just blew us away. With her white shirt half tucked into her pants when she came on stage, she exuded a kind of manly confidence I would associate with the typical percussionist. I don't think we've had such a shuai percussionist in 10 batches already. (XY was absolutely infatuated. I wonder what her boyfriend has to say to that)

0 had their say | have yours?