Thursday, June 05, 2008
/10:56 pm
I managed to catch the hcco concert on Sunday, and 大地回春 was impressive, almost how it sounded like during syf last year. The concertos were disappointing, and so were the sectional items. Disappointing in the sense that I had expected much better, but it was a moment of a realisation that at this level, being amateurs, there is just so much we have yet to grasp and acheive yet. (And that I should not get demoralised when my teacher scolds me again in future).
The internship has been keeping me busy, so I spent whatever time I have left at home on the present, and (re)watching criminal minds and csi to unwind. I can't help nodding off sometimes, especially after lunch, so I turn to the food pile on the table behind me to keep awake. The radio is my trusty companion at work and interestingly 924 and 883 are extremely clear channels in the building, while 933 is totally muffled. I'm going to be left to my devices to get to work on time next week when my dad and sis leave for their holiday to Xiamen.
To be honest I feel absolutely rotten while I was heading to work today. Maybe it was the argument with my dad in the morning that led me to walk to work from Chinatown, or that last night my results finally came to haunt me. It's all back to the same old story. I hope weez comes back soon as I need to talk to someone who can understand.
0 had their say | have yours?
Thursday, June 05, 2008
/10:56 pm
I managed to catch the hcco concert on Sunday, and 大地回春 was impressive, almost how it sounded like during syf last year. The concertos were disappointing, and so were the sectional items. Disappointing in the sense that I had expected much better, but it was a moment of a realisation that at this level, being amateurs, there is just so much we have yet to grasp and acheive yet. (And that I should not get demoralised when my teacher scolds me again in future).
The internship has been keeping me busy, so I spent whatever time I have left at home on the present, and (re)watching criminal minds and csi to unwind. I can't help nodding off sometimes, especially after lunch, so I turn to the food pile on the table behind me to keep awake. The radio is my trusty companion at work and interestingly 924 and 883 are extremely clear channels in the building, while 933 is totally muffled. I'm going to be left to my devices to get to work on time next week when my dad and sis leave for their holiday to Xiamen.
To be honest I feel absolutely rotten while I was heading to work today. Maybe it was the argument with my dad in the morning that led me to walk to work from Chinatown, or that last night my results finally came to haunt me. It's all back to the same old story. I hope weez comes back soon as I need to talk to someone who can understand.
0 had their say | have yours?