Friday, May 23, 2008
/12:42 am
Today's performance at fort canning was a catastrophe on my part. Towards the end of the piece the rubber slipped off the right zhu and I went "uh-oh. isn't that supposed to be the accompaniment hand later on?". So I switched hands (which in hindsight I shouldn't have), got flustered and the entire piece went downhill. It was somewhat sad seeing how the piece was going along fine until that point and it was a simple piece! Another disaster following the one in september when the qin zhu flew out of my hand. I can't help feeling extremely extremely disappointed in myself. Like, why can't I just do things right
for once? It didn't help that the qin started to go slightly out of tune and the soloist had to compromise on her pitching to fit me.
The dinner was good though. There was buttery mushroom soup and salmon fillet with olive oil (and other things) for the main course and a chocolate brownie for desert, which resulted in me being indulgently stuffed. My sister would freak when she realises what I've been eating. My plans to start exercising and lose 4kg is not progressing at all for the past 2 weeks.
What have I been doing since the end of exams? Packing for one. Clearing out old notes which I'm extremely keen to give away to any NUS econs students (details on msn), as well as the CS library (of which I am proud to say that has been great progress). Stitching is another activity, though my eyes are tired and my mind frustrated from miscounting and having to frog already-completed parts of it. I wish there was a command to shift rows down, just like in Excel. I'm also desperately trying to complete Neverwinter Nights as I think it's quite silly to be playing a game for years. I'm almost done, except for the final battle that I can't seem to get through.
Of course, there's the shopping. From IPS till GSS I've spent an amount that I wouldn't want to disclose to the world and with the ness sales starting today, there's more to come. (not to mention I've already bought 6 pieces in one week from ness) I try to convince myself that it's all clothes for work but I know it's not true since I'm obviously not certain about the dress code. I also try to tell myself that I will shop less once I start work next Monday since I'll only commute between the workplace and home. We'll see if it works out.
I'm still awake now despite a post-exam resolution to sleep early because I put my head under the showerhead while showering, thus wetting my hair and having to wait for it to dry now. One should not shower when half asleep.
0 had their say | have yours?
Friday, May 23, 2008
/12:42 am
Today's performance at fort canning was a catastrophe on my part. Towards the end of the piece the rubber slipped off the right zhu and I went "uh-oh. isn't that supposed to be the accompaniment hand later on?". So I switched hands (which in hindsight I shouldn't have), got flustered and the entire piece went downhill. It was somewhat sad seeing how the piece was going along fine until that point and it was a simple piece! Another disaster following the one in september when the qin zhu flew out of my hand. I can't help feeling extremely extremely disappointed in myself. Like, why can't I just do things right
for once? It didn't help that the qin started to go slightly out of tune and the soloist had to compromise on her pitching to fit me.
The dinner was good though. There was buttery mushroom soup and salmon fillet with olive oil (and other things) for the main course and a chocolate brownie for desert, which resulted in me being indulgently stuffed. My sister would freak when she realises what I've been eating. My plans to start exercising and lose 4kg is not progressing at all for the past 2 weeks.
What have I been doing since the end of exams? Packing for one. Clearing out old notes which I'm extremely keen to give away to any NUS econs students (details on msn), as well as the CS library (of which I am proud to say that has been great progress). Stitching is another activity, though my eyes are tired and my mind frustrated from miscounting and having to frog already-completed parts of it. I wish there was a command to shift rows down, just like in Excel. I'm also desperately trying to complete Neverwinter Nights as I think it's quite silly to be playing a game for years. I'm almost done, except for the final battle that I can't seem to get through.
Of course, there's the shopping. From IPS till GSS I've spent an amount that I wouldn't want to disclose to the world and with the ness sales starting today, there's more to come. (not to mention I've already bought 6 pieces in one week from ness) I try to convince myself that it's all clothes for work but I know it's not true since I'm obviously not certain about the dress code. I also try to tell myself that I will shop less once I start work next Monday since I'll only commute between the workplace and home. We'll see if it works out.
I'm still awake now despite a post-exam resolution to sleep early because I put my head under the showerhead while showering, thus wetting my hair and having to wait for it to dry now. One should not shower when half asleep.
0 had their say | have yours?