journal archives tagboard affiliates
Friday, February 22, 2008
/2:15 am

I'm a bit too sleepy to continue on the rest of my response paper (argh, what a mess, half written paragraphs, improper citations. Lots of clean up to do later), so I've decided to engage my mind in other more.. engaging pursuits.

Like the bizzare and peculiar things I have encountered this week.
For one, the man who approached me outside The Treasury earlier this week, telling me a very long story of which I understood very little. It turns out he wanted money for a bus fare to CCK since he had no wallet and phone on him. And being familiar with 190, I reluctantly passed him $1.50 after getting extremely annoyed at how persistent he was, telling him it'd be enough to get him to the interchange. That's true, it costs only $1.48. And instead of saying 'thank you', he muttered something about "求人就是这个样子". So much for being appreciative when he's desperate.

Subsequently, a query by a foreign student whether we can refund membership funds since we don't award CCA points (on the basis that this member has attended only one practice). S/he pleads ignorance of a 80% minimum, although such policies have been made very clear at the welcome teas. I can understand if one is unhappy about not getting CCA points, but to demand a refund of membership fees? I don't ever recall membership fees being paid to ensure that one gets the mandatory amount of CCA points.

And, on Wednesday, while I was waiting for the feeder bus at the interchange, (because I overslept once again) I saw a limping bird, which looked like it was having difficulties moving around by foot. Now, why doesn't it fly?

Well, today, after boarding a cab headed for BTC, the driver received a call midway and told me he needed me to get off because he has to pick someone else up. Hence, along upper bukit timah road, he began honking other empty cabs and racing them down, before one stopped. Fortunately I didn't have to pay him the fare.

And I think it's time to head back to the response paper. I've already opened a window with the McDelivery website, all ready to order breakfast once it hits 4pm.

2 had their say | have yours?