journal archives tagboard affiliates
Friday, February 08, 2008
/12:28 am

I knew this would happen one day - my trusty laptop is starting to give way. As though the frequent blue screens of death wasn't enough, I couldn't connect to any networks today, even wireless could not be enabled. Perhaps a sign that the network driver is failing? In any case, probably a sign that it's finally time to reformat this computer.

I've been trying to backup my files - to the extent that I tried to burn a dvd using a cd-rw driver for 15 minutes before calling for help and realising my laptop is not as technologically advanced as I thought it was. Anyone with an external hard drive to spare me for a few days? I might as well give up if I have to burn cds. It's not easy to condense 12.1GB into many many CDs, and that's just the tip of the iceberg of the files I have to transfer.

Of course, if you have any suggestions on how I can back up my files so that I can reformat my laptop, I'll be most happy to hear it! I just want it to get done soon before the computer crashes in the middle of the semester with lots of half done projects stored on it (there, now that I've said it, it shouldn't happen right?).

0 had their say | have yours?