Wednesday, August 01, 2007
/10:47 pm
Just when I thought I'd seen enough weird situations on stage - breaking strings, qin going out of tune, flying qinzhu, strings falling off the bridge, I once again managed to outdo myself on Saturday. Imagine flipping the score to Autumn after Summer has ended, only to realise that the first page was mysteriously missing. (and no, I have yet to memorise the score). A frantic whisper to my xy, who looked equally stunned and bewildered, with some shifting, and me perpetually craning my neck to see her score managed to save the day.
And on a moqi scale from zero to infinite, me & Johnny will probably score a negative number. I may go crazy if I see another sequence of 6532 5321 3216 1262 5. I declare myself mildly allergic to the modal scales of 1 2 3 5 6 after this concert.
On the brighter side though, I managed to get Mr Hu's signature on the programme booklet! I'm somewhat happy with the translations, though all comments on the booklet so far has gone to the design and not the content. Xy tells me it's a good thing, cause they probably thought it was copied, ie, the translations are done well enough. And lastly, I practiced, much harder than I've done for many years for a single concert. :)
0 had their say | have yours?
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
/10:47 pm
Just when I thought I'd seen enough weird situations on stage - breaking strings, qin going out of tune, flying qinzhu, strings falling off the bridge, I once again managed to outdo myself on Saturday. Imagine flipping the score to Autumn after Summer has ended, only to realise that the first page was mysteriously missing. (and no, I have yet to memorise the score). A frantic whisper to my xy, who looked equally stunned and bewildered, with some shifting, and me perpetually craning my neck to see her score managed to save the day.
And on a moqi scale from zero to infinite, me & Johnny will probably score a negative number. I may go crazy if I see another sequence of 6532 5321 3216 1262 5. I declare myself mildly allergic to the modal scales of 1 2 3 5 6 after this concert.
On the brighter side though, I managed to get Mr Hu's signature on the programme booklet! I'm somewhat happy with the translations, though all comments on the booklet so far has gone to the design and not the content. Xy tells me it's a good thing, cause they probably thought it was copied, ie, the translations are done well enough. And lastly, I practiced, much harder than I've done for many years for a single concert. :)
0 had their say | have yours?