journal archives tagboard affiliates
Sunday, August 12, 2007
/6:15 pm

The days after my return from Guangzhou have been plagued by sickness. First stomach flu, then cramps, and now the onset of a cold. I hope to be getting sometime better soon, what with school starting tomorrow and everything.

I am also back in PGP and this time my room is really terrible. I know I complain about my room every year and start to appreciate more by the time sem 2 rolls by but this is disastrous. The blinds were really black when I first got the room, lots of cracks and marks left on the walls, a mattress that's stained on one side and slashed on the other.

And the blinds, what a horror - I get problems with them every year. The first year, they started falling on my head when I pulled them up in the morning. The second year, they were bent. And now, there's one set with a broken string, there's another that can't stay up unless I clamour onto a drawer to lock the little ball, and there's another that won't come down unless I clamour onto a drawer to unlock the little ball. I wonder if I'll fall out of the window anytime soon since the drawer has wheels and is not exactly very stable.

The room is hot too. The corridor is extremely cooling, with the forest around and being high up, but the room is totally different matter. I have a super big window in front of my table, facing many other blocks, in a dead corner where no wind can reach inside the room. This makes the window useless since it just lets in sun and no wind at all. I have to stick my head out of the window to get some fresh air, and the only window that has some wind going by faces the toilet. Yes, fragrant wind indeed.

On a better note, I now have a new kettle to replace the one that mysteriously disappeared sometime between last sem and this. It has a nice round teapot shape and is short enough to fit under the bed too. I like watching the water dance in the kettle when it boils.

Labels:

0 had their say | have yours?