journal archives tagboard affiliates
Saturday, May 26, 2007
A functioning desktop, chance encounter and results /8:57 pm

I've finally gotten my home computer working after it crashed earlier this year, just one week after a new monitor was bought to enable to me to use it (oh the irony!). I've successfully installed, on my own, ms office, photoshop, firefox etc etc. (No credit to me for xp though, jj did that).


Unfortunately, this machine is not advanced enough to play games, hardly sufficient to handle dvds, and barely manages to allow multi-tab surfing in firefox. I think this can qualify as a true work-station.

I also managed to meet Junyi by sheer chance today, while I was going to jj's house after lunch. Goodness! He's so muscular now, and in any case, we must remember to meet up after he matriculates in nus for lunch! I know I said the exact same thing when xinyu matriculated and I only meet up for lunch/dinner with her once per sem, almost always at the start only.

And my (dismal) results are out. Don't blame me for saying they are dismal. How can they be compared to the glory of 5.0 which jj has, and in a semester when he takes 6 modules! It's just as well that financial econs turned out okay, so I think submitting the special consideration form definitely played a part. My overall CAP fell, for the first time, I scored A- for one econs module, another first, and did worse than expected for french.

And tomorrow, I'm supposed to rise early and go to cs on time. I hope I can make it.

Labels:

0 had their say | have yours?