journal archives tagboard affiliates
Friday, May 04, 2007
/9:16 pm

And so the exams are over.

I am positive that I've screwed up financial econs by picking the portfolio question (damn thing, I spent more than 45 minutes doing that question, computing portfolio weights, and even mixed up the axis-es until I realised that it was impossible to plot such values...), leaving me little time to do the rest of the questions, nor to think through the subtle points raised in the compulsary question. I'm not even sure if submitting the 'request for special consideration' form can save me. Oh well, it's more certain than ever that my CAP is going to fall this sem.

In an attempt to forget about the paper, I headed to the library, distinctly quiet since the last paper was over already, and picked up some books, hopefully to give me some idea of what to do for ISM. And I popped over to the french literature section and saw madame bovary. And so, I decided to re-read it (in english of course, my french standards can barely handle le petit prince). And while appreciating the language and symbolisms that I'd missed out previously, I found myself identifying with emma. The illusion of love, and the shortfall of reality, the disenchantment. The brush with luxury and the inedible mark it leaves. How memories fade, yet the yearning remains. And the angst and despondency.

In any case, I have to pack up my room now in preparation for the move home tomorrow morning. Argh, the horror!

Labels:

0 had their say | have yours?