journal archives tagboard affiliates
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Looking Inwards /9:43 pm

As you may know, I'm a creature of habit. And so, it was somewhat surprising that I went to cut my hair 2.5 weeks ago on impulse. I wandered around the mall, and suddenly thought I should cut my hair short (I've been toying with the idea of having it above my shoulders, but a return to the ny days was not extremely enticing). And about 2.5 weeks after that, I think I've finally decided that I like this haircut.

I've also been playing freecell incessantly, just like how I embarked on a CSI marathon just before the exams (I finished 2 seasons!) last semester. I've always been quite an idiot at freecell, preferring the much easier and luck-based solitaire, until I spotted my manager killing time with it during her lunch break. She kindly explained the most basic strategy of freecell to me, and suddenly it was actually playable. It's been said that all freecell games are solvable - while I haven't tried it, I've learnt that perpetual attempts at one game usually getes it solved.

And I suppose it's this spirit that will see me through this period. Not only exams, but in other matters and things I want to achieve. I admit I was quite mewhat demoralised yesterday, but after dinner I was feeling better and after a few freecell games I felt even better, and after a bath everything was fine (almost). In life, we need to open our ears, hearts, minds to listen to what someone else has to say. I'm glad that yesterday, I paid attention in listening to what she said. I've been plagued by those problems for as long as I can remember, and they never seem to go away no matter what I do or how I practice. This time, however, I will and I must.

Just to round off this post, I manage to get into another accident today. Being overly enthusiastic at the prospect of practising (ha!), I managed to kiap my finger with the yq stand. Trust me, it hurts as much as closing the door on your finger. :)

Labels: , ,

0 had their say | have yours?