journal archives tagboard affiliates
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
syf tickets /10:50 pm

One part of me feels like smacking myself that I didn't remember about syf tickets this year (which after speaking with someone for 30 mins that I realised the only reason why I have no impression of it is probably because one kind instructor passed me his ticket in 2005). Another part of me is somewhat saddened that none of the juniors kept a ticket for me. Well, not that they are obligated to, considering how ancient I am.

And so, one part of me would like to go watch syf next tuesday, and the other part ponders whether attending ethics lesson would be a better option instead of making a wasted trip down to be shut out of the doors of the sch concert hall.

Recent visits back to ny have left me thinking somewhat. To produce good music, an orchestra needs chemistry, ie to practice together, on a regular basis, and to know each other and at least, be in harmony with each other. Recent performances have left me wondering whether orchestras I am in produce good music. I was just telling jj not too long ago that I still prefer cs the way it was when I first went. Squeezed into a small room, we seem to connect with each other so much better. And as the years passed, people left, became less committed, a new batch with a whole new ideology and attitude came in, and cs just isn't the way it was. It is quite disillusioning to see people flock back only when the concert comes, to see how the conductor has given up already. I miss the days when we were really dealing with music. Now we are just dealing with whatever is stated in the score and mere notations, no deeper thought at all. I can't help but wonder if I leave for sep next year, how will it be like when I come back? Will I still recognise the orchestra?

0 had their say | have yours?