journal archives tagboard affiliates
Sunday, March 11, 2007
/11:57 pm

So, after the high of a (somewhat sucessful) concert settles, I start to think.

First, it was the utter amazement of how we pulled it off. I thought it sounded tons better than most practices, the first half sounded better than the rehearsal, the second half was worse, but not as bad as it was usually. For most part, I think I played what I could (well, except for somewhat unforgivable technical mistakes due to a lack of focus), and basically there were little regrets (much better than a concert exactly one month ago where I managed to miss yangqin solo parts and blink blankly at the conductor). I have little regrets about the bird song too, at least I didn't a) hit the bridge as I usually do for the first solo part, b) totally flop for the extremely difficult part, c) play the wrong notes for the fan zhu part, d) forget the score.

Second, I have lovely juniors. Thank you shawn, felicia, peiyan, chewfei, laiweng, xintian and xinyu for coming. Thank you for the chocolates and bears (heh!) and honeydew (I have to think of some way to consume this one). You guys were the best thing that came out of nyco for me. It may seem somewhat ridiculous that I talk to batches so much younger than me, but I really enjoy conversations with all of you, so talk to me more frequently!

Third, nusco is probably one of the most unpolitical orchestra that I've been in. Perhaps because the overall standards aren't that high, or maybe because people see no point in engaging in such games, or perhaps the turnover rate is too high for it to exist. And because of this, I've found one great yq partner (though never ever able to rival that 'special connection' that I have with a certain 'special someone'), and a great yq section to joke with backstage. And despite all the moments where I really felt like leaving the post, or not caring, I'm glad that I'd hung on because it has turned into one wonderful learning experience. My exco has taught my many things, and I'm thankful that I've found people with whom I can talk to and whom I can learn from.

Unfortunately, now that everything is coming to an end, it's also time to start the thanksgiving treats. Having a rather shallow pocket I will have to attempt to find some way to treat the exco and all the section i/cs to a meal. And since their roles overlap, I'm wondering whether to treat two groups at the same time. After all, most section i/cs are either in exco, or friendly with exco members.

And now that the curtain has fallen for nusco, it's time for me to start to put down the obligations of the orchestra and to move forward to my next dream.

Labels: ,

0 had their say | have yours?