journal archives tagboard affiliates
Sunday, July 09, 2006
Why I love RI /9:02 pm

Well, not really, but I'm super thankful that I decided to put them on the list even though it didn't get a SYF gold, because they actually had a positive response! This event is really driving me up the wall, as are most NUSCO things going on now - including matric fair and all sort of weird performance. I'm totally weighed down by the prospect of having to find the next concert comm, and truth to be told, I am worried. It's not an all consuming worry yet, but if it doesn't get sorted out, it might turn out to be one.

Meanwhile, in an attempt to find my bearings in Love Suite 1, I've been listening to the recording by HKCO. And it is only then that I can marvel at how the piece is written. I've used my fingertips to tap the rhythm on the table until my nails have almost cracked, but till now, I'm still lost whenever the piece lapses into the overlay of quavers, triplets, or big triplets. And during practice today, I was more likely to be able to sing my part than play it, since I figured one part out in G while it was supposed to be in F, and practiced another in B flat while it was supposed to be in G because I lost one page of my score.

I finally saw xy today during practice. In fact last night I was so stressed and bothered and bogged down by worry that I called her in desperation. But I passed her the plans I got from France, and I'm glad that she likes them :) I almost decided against the flea market that day in Montpellier, but I'm happy that I went cause I managed to find something extremely suitable for her. She passed me a belated birthday present too, with a confession that she forgot about my birthday until Friday. I'm not too surprised since few remember to begin with and JJ himself nearly forgot too. I wasn't expecting anything, so few disappointments involved. I still want a kettle though, and I'll welcome one as a 'house-warming' gift when I move back to PGP.

Speaking of which, I happen to be allocated to a rather out of the way block, though nothing as bad as the small numbers since I'm still staying in the USP cluster. No more convenience of having the gate and the lift next to me though, nor the luxury of being able to end up at the bus terminal within 5 minutes of leaving the room. I'll probably have to learn to be punctual (which is really hard most of the time). Both me & iso are worried about mosquitoes though, given how this block is close to the forested areas. Time to give my mom a call and ask her how she's coping with the mosquitoes in Guangzhou.

0 had their say | have yours?