Thursday, July 20, 2006
CFA Retreat /3:33 pm
It's left me wondering why hotel rooms are always so cold. I hate bathing in hotels. But that aside, we were very well fed very few hours with morning & afternoon tea between meals, and a full buffet spread for all meals.
The tiramisu was lovely, as were the brownies. I ate so much I've expanded grotesquely. My chocolate addiction is sparked once again, I've gorged on Weezi's lovely apricot & almond chocolate this morning, along with a Monoprix chocolate & pear biscuit (it's amazing how well chocolate goes with pears), and van Houten chocolate courtesy of Jiajing. And well, Jiajing is trying to play xi shuang with the pipa, with abysmal results. He should stick to liuqin pieces.
Retreat wise was the usual mix of leadership talk and exprience sharing and marketing workshops. Was it useful? Probably. Does it help solve my most pressing problems in CO? Not really. The problems that CO faces will be different from SO or band, our closest music groups, while the issues that dance faces is once again, very different from musical groups.
0 had their say | have yours?
Thursday, July 20, 2006
CFA Retreat /3:33 pm
It's left me wondering why hotel rooms are always so cold. I hate bathing in hotels. But that aside, we were very well fed very few hours with morning & afternoon tea between meals, and a full buffet spread for all meals.
The tiramisu was lovely, as were the brownies. I ate so much I've expanded grotesquely. My chocolate addiction is sparked once again, I've gorged on Weezi's lovely apricot & almond chocolate this morning, along with a Monoprix chocolate & pear biscuit (it's amazing how well chocolate goes with pears), and van Houten chocolate courtesy of Jiajing. And well, Jiajing is trying to play xi shuang with the pipa, with abysmal results. He should stick to liuqin pieces.
Retreat wise was the usual mix of leadership talk and exprience sharing and marketing workshops. Was it useful? Probably. Does it help solve my most pressing problems in CO? Not really. The problems that CO faces will be different from SO or band, our closest music groups, while the issues that dance faces is once again, very different from musical groups.
0 had their say | have yours?