Saturday, March 04, 2006
/6:20 pm
The post concert syndrom is here again. Emotionally, it is manifested with a feeling of emptiness and loss with certain tunes playing in the head over and over again, being able to visualise the intensity of stage lights and reliving every moment of the concert. Physically it is manifested with me feeling terribly sleepy, coughing, sniffling and displaying general signs of falling sick.
This time it's not as bad as the post-TLHY one. That was certainly the worst of the lot because of all the effort put in and how important it was to HCCO. I think the bulk of the orchestra moped around for quite a while after that. I wonder how I had the mood to study for block tests.
Somehow I didn't feel that this concert was as good as previous ones musically. Way too many people, and if I had a choice, I'd kick some members out. Not to mention I smoked my way through the first half and the encore pieces (but cut me some slack because I've been with my instrument for one year). I am so terribly tempted to hop back to yangqin next year where I have more excuse not to practice and get away with it. In any case I realise how important it is to count bars, because once I switched to sitting in front of the conductor from the left, my ears couldn't quite track the melody very well since it was coming from a direction that I wasn't used to. This is something you hardly get to experience when playing the yangqin because well, you're always stuck in front of the conductor.
As always, thank you to xinyu for the lovely, or as lovely as it can get, hair (I'm still pretty sure you did my hair for TLHY). You are a wonderful friend, someone I can always turn to even if we haven't spoken for quite some time. There were times that I wondered whether our friendship dampened after I left the section, after I entered uni, after I got so caught up in my own life and grades and jiajing, but I hope not. You are as dear to me as you were before, if not more so. I'm thankful that there was an opportunity for me to know you back in 2000, that even after HCCO we still get to perform together.
And for jiajing, nothing needs to be said here. I hope you know how I feel.
(and now hai zhi sui xiang is playing on my laptop and I'm so tempted to slack a free sunday away tomorrow if not for the econometrics test)
0 had their say | have yours?
Saturday, March 04, 2006
/6:20 pm
The post concert syndrom is here again. Emotionally, it is manifested with a feeling of emptiness and loss with certain tunes playing in the head over and over again, being able to visualise the intensity of stage lights and reliving every moment of the concert. Physically it is manifested with me feeling terribly sleepy, coughing, sniffling and displaying general signs of falling sick.
This time it's not as bad as the post-TLHY one. That was certainly the worst of the lot because of all the effort put in and how important it was to HCCO. I think the bulk of the orchestra moped around for quite a while after that. I wonder how I had the mood to study for block tests.
Somehow I didn't feel that this concert was as good as previous ones musically. Way too many people, and if I had a choice, I'd kick some members out. Not to mention I smoked my way through the first half and the encore pieces (but cut me some slack because I've been with my instrument for one year). I am so terribly tempted to hop back to yangqin next year where I have more excuse not to practice and get away with it. In any case I realise how important it is to count bars, because once I switched to sitting in front of the conductor from the left, my ears couldn't quite track the melody very well since it was coming from a direction that I wasn't used to. This is something you hardly get to experience when playing the yangqin because well, you're always stuck in front of the conductor.
As always, thank you to xinyu for the lovely, or as lovely as it can get, hair (I'm still pretty sure you did my hair for TLHY). You are a wonderful friend, someone I can always turn to even if we haven't spoken for quite some time. There were times that I wondered whether our friendship dampened after I left the section, after I entered uni, after I got so caught up in my own life and grades and jiajing, but I hope not. You are as dear to me as you were before, if not more so. I'm thankful that there was an opportunity for me to know you back in 2000, that even after HCCO we still get to perform together.
And for jiajing, nothing needs to be said here. I hope you know how I feel.
(and now hai zhi sui xiang is playing on my laptop and I'm so tempted to slack a free sunday away tomorrow if not for the econometrics test)
0 had their say | have yours?