Saturday, January 07, 2006
Rants about CO. /11:11 am
I think it can be rather obvious which I'm referring to, but here goes.
a) Why hold a concert the day before midterm weeks start? I'm sure I'm not the only person affected, and it may be better than having a concert right after midterm week where practices are held in conjunction with midterms but why not another time? Traditions can be changed.
b) Paying for costumes. Seriously if I had known I won't join. Why wasn't this told to newcomers? There are tons of hidden costs in this orchestra.
c) Ticket quotas. Not everyone has an extended social circle that likes CO music (especially given the timing of the concert), nor does everyone have a family who can afford to buy tickets. 80 bucks can pay for half my mom's session at NUH.
0 had their say | have yours?
Saturday, January 07, 2006
Rants about CO. /11:11 am
I think it can be rather obvious which I'm referring to, but here goes.
a) Why hold a concert the day before midterm weeks start? I'm sure I'm not the only person affected, and it may be better than having a concert right after midterm week where practices are held in conjunction with midterms but why not another time? Traditions can be changed.
b) Paying for costumes. Seriously if I had known I won't join. Why wasn't this told to newcomers? There are tons of hidden costs in this orchestra.
c) Ticket quotas. Not everyone has an extended social circle that likes CO music (especially given the timing of the concert), nor does everyone have a family who can afford to buy tickets. 80 bucks can pay for half my mom's session at NUH.
0 had their say | have yours?