journal archives tagboard affiliates
Thursday, June 23, 2005
/11:36 pm

Paired Orchid with P 620 (blue on inner lid and pink on outer lid) today and the resulting combination is lovely! Even better than yellow with blue. Am wondering what colour to use for a highlight though. A shimmery pale pink?

Woke up at the insanely early hour of 6+ after sleeping close to one last night (the reason of which should be revealed later) just for the Mango sales. Gosh, got to Raffles City at 7.15 thinking I had time to drop by BK and have breakfast (since it supposedly opens at 8.30), but there was already a queue! So, in a typiclly Singaporean fashion, I joined the queue and waited, and waited, and waited, and the floodgates opened at 8. Never underestimate women, in particular Singaporean women. It was utter madhouse in there. I was probably amongst the first 50 - 100 in, and it was an total mess. Clothes strewn all over, mindless grabbing as though clothes were FOC, trying clothes in front of any mirror in the store... Very much a pick whatever that's your size then drop whatever you don't like later mentality. So I found what I wanted (or rather exceeded my budget) in 15 minutes, spent 15 minutes trying, and then the rest of the time searching for tops for my sis. So now I'm eyeing her yellow double v-neck top, which I would really love to get had I had the cash. So I spent 142 for 6 basic tops, a lovely pair of pants and a skirt. I would have bought more if I weren't going to bangkok. Argh. I'm so screwed financially.

And I want a pair of birkies. So I spent the night surfing designs, which explains why I slept past 12. Still stuck between the english garden white, english garden cream or new sundays aqua. English garden cream really seems much easier to match than english garden white (though the pink on white is a really outstanding combination, but I can't imagine wearing a green top, jeans and that pair of shoes). Neither can I imagine wearing a pink top with white capris and wearing blue striped shoes. The rather small selection of birkies at local stores for my size only means that I have a greater excuse to get it online.

Tuition was... slightly frustrating. It's a bit hard trying to explain things when your tutee essentially memorizes and memorizes and memorizes formulae. Then when a question appears, she doesn't know which to use since she doesn't understand the rationale behind each formula. And she somewhat blanks out when I try to explain when to use which formula. Not as bad as Nina's though, at least she didn't forget what I taught in one lesson.

Dinner was with Nina at Fish & Co. That lucky girl is going Australia to study in July. Which only reminds me how I'm stuck in Singapore with no money to go anywhere. The grilled fish with cajun sauce was burnt. Or over grilled cause I felt like I was eating chao tar bits with cajun sauce. I'm sticking to the seafood platter or fish & chips in future. There really doesn't seem to be much to eat in restaurants. The stuff is either too pricey, or too common, or too average. If you have any recommendations for nice restaurants, leave me a note okay? Hawker food is always cheap and good, but not exactly the sort of place that I can have dinner and a chat with a friend I haven't seen in one year.

And since my birthday is exactly next week, if you really want to make me happy, perhaps try to pool together 100k so that I can go oxford okie? That's rather impossible, but cash gifts are more than welcome and so are well wishes and birthday cards. My birthday usually passes without much hoo-ha on my side (though I think it's quite a different matter to those who see it as the end of a financial year and end up rushing some thing or other) and I'm flying off to Bangkok, so it'll be a perfect excuse if you forgot to get me something :)

0 had their say | have yours?