Friday, June 17, 2005
/11:08 pm
If you're wondering why I'm awake at this time when I'm obviously tired, it's cause I'm hungry and waiting for food to come.
I've been busy the past week folding flowers, sticking 'pollen grains' on with UHU glue and stuffing the stalks into the flowers, but it's finally done now, and they're all distributed with their new owners today. It also means I'm probably never going to step into Deloitte again. Amongst all the things I've taken with me from this whole experience (including the stacks of rough paper), the most valuable must be the opportunity to meet a woman who takes pride in being a professional, who recognises what her profession means and upholds the standards of it. And of course, the realisation that it's really the little things that count, especially when you're in the service industry.
I still find it ironical that I'm not collecting my own A level cert and then I have to go down to school to get it from someone else. Xinyu is so going to kill me (please don't).
I got accepted into USP and being the greedy kiasu Singaporean I am, I accepted it, and I'm going to see what I can work with for the double major option. I'm still keen on it despite the general concensus that it's not worth the extra time, cause you never know what it's going to be handy, and hopefully it opens up more opportunities.
0 had their say | have yours?
Friday, June 17, 2005
/11:08 pm
If you're wondering why I'm awake at this time when I'm obviously tired, it's cause I'm hungry and waiting for food to come.
I've been busy the past week folding flowers, sticking 'pollen grains' on with UHU glue and stuffing the stalks into the flowers, but it's finally done now, and they're all distributed with their new owners today. It also means I'm probably never going to step into Deloitte again. Amongst all the things I've taken with me from this whole experience (including the stacks of rough paper), the most valuable must be the opportunity to meet a woman who takes pride in being a professional, who recognises what her profession means and upholds the standards of it. And of course, the realisation that it's really the little things that count, especially when you're in the service industry.
I still find it ironical that I'm not collecting my own A level cert and then I have to go down to school to get it from someone else. Xinyu is so going to kill me (please don't).
I got accepted into USP and being the greedy kiasu Singaporean I am, I accepted it, and I'm going to see what I can work with for the double major option. I'm still keen on it despite the general concensus that it's not worth the extra time, cause you never know what it's going to be handy, and hopefully it opens up more opportunities.
0 had their say | have yours?