Sunday, October 17, 2004
Reflections II /10:11 pmI watched the movie on channel 8 just now, the exact same one I watched at youguo's house on christmas two years ago. It was a little christmas gathering, with me, him, youguo, peiling, simin, kenny, weifeng, miyan, rongkun, yating. I remember preparing the food, frying the stuff, making sure there was vegetarian food for yating, and the yummy mushroom and the present exchange. I still have the little pig I got off kenny.
Last year, there was no christmas gathering, too busy, everybody said. There was only MAF. Even then, the faces changed. Somehow, youguo, peiling, simin, rongkun, miyan, yating weren't there. In their place, were xiuhua and the younger ones.
Today, the familiar faces each practice, are only me, him, kenny, miyan and peiling. Somewhere in the middle, something changed. I don't know what, and I can't tell what, but something happened.
You know, I won't tell this to anyone directly, but I prefer things as they were. Sure, the newer ones bring life and vibrance, but what happened to those old ties? Maybe becaused we relocated from amk to geylang, where people no longer troop over to S-11 for lunch but disperse throughout the island. Even so, it never felt like it felt back then. It's so much more... distant now.
And you, are the only constant in my life.