Saturday, March 13, 2004
/6:37 pm
Unfortunately, I felt that the meeting today was terrible. It started late for one. I could have left the house at 9.45 to get there at the time everyone did but I thought I would be early and left at 9. So much for attempting to be punctual once. I'm not going to attempt to try again. I gave up the chance to be president somewhere else to be in this exco,
slaving away for 2 pearls (or possibly four). I left the meeting angry and upset, in a state very alike to cutting myself, but not giving in. I will -not- cut. Sometimes I think there has to be a distinction in job responsibilities. It's unfair to say "Why can't you do this? I'm doing more than you already." But don't forget, you took on the responsibility and you are given credit for it,
especially in terms of pearls. It's unreasonable to think that I should call him to discuss something that you should discuss with him instead. My job generally means take care of the scores. I have no qualms printing them or running half over the country trying to submit forms but when it comes to discussing about the songs it really shouldn't fall to me. I hate people who are irresponsible, which accounts for half the exco, and makes for most interesting reactions in me during meetings.
I suppose that's why in meetings elsewhere, I feel calmer. I take a back seat for one, cause it's a shared position, but because no one goes off track and wastes everybody else's time. I once said I wanted the post because I want to contribute. But looking back, it was way too idealistic. What contribution? How much can one person do when no one else wants to do anything? Sometimes I think people are smart by not turning up for meetings.
0 had their say | have yours?
Saturday, March 13, 2004
/6:37 pm
Unfortunately, I felt that the meeting today was terrible. It started late for one. I could have left the house at 9.45 to get there at the time everyone did but I thought I would be early and left at 9. So much for attempting to be punctual once. I'm not going to attempt to try again. I gave up the chance to be president somewhere else to be in this exco,
slaving away for 2 pearls (or possibly four). I left the meeting angry and upset, in a state very alike to cutting myself, but not giving in. I will -not- cut. Sometimes I think there has to be a distinction in job responsibilities. It's unfair to say "Why can't you do this? I'm doing more than you already." But don't forget, you took on the responsibility and you are given credit for it,
especially in terms of pearls. It's unreasonable to think that I should call him to discuss something that you should discuss with him instead. My job generally means take care of the scores. I have no qualms printing them or running half over the country trying to submit forms but when it comes to discussing about the songs it really shouldn't fall to me. I hate people who are irresponsible, which accounts for half the exco, and makes for most interesting reactions in me during meetings.
I suppose that's why in meetings elsewhere, I feel calmer. I take a back seat for one, cause it's a shared position, but because no one goes off track and wastes everybody else's time. I once said I wanted the post because I want to contribute. But looking back, it was way too idealistic. What contribution? How much can one person do when no one else wants to do anything? Sometimes I think people are smart by not turning up for meetings.
0 had their say | have yours?