Friday, August 29, 2003
/12:24 am
More late nights.
I'm still feeling upset about exco matters. It's hadn't seem to turn out to be what I've wanted, what I've envisioned it to be. On the other hand, the other exco is nice, funky, and better, in that we plunge into work together, we are saddled with it and all of us take responsibility for it because it is up to US to prepare the presentation, the discussion, to lead it. It's not something you can say I don't want to do it, because we're in it together and we present it together. Just like how I know I have to get the reports done and filed and we will set a day to revamp the noticeboard whilst we work on the latest presentation. But over here... things never seem to work out. Ideas are abandoned, this whole new regime is seemingly characterised by indecisiveness. I wonder- could it be the prior pseudo-dictatorship? We prod around, we question, we appear so frail, so weak in front of the rest, so uncertain of ourselves, how we should behave, what we should do, how we should handle things.
Can we please change things? I don't want it to be like this. I can barely feel the strings holding me there, pulling me back. They may just snap any moment.
It's been an utterly bad week (if your week starts on Sunday) first a stolen handphone, then many many late nights, then 3 tests, and today, the loss of a pretty red umbrella and a little tumble down a few steps with a big case.
0 had their say | have yours?
Friday, August 29, 2003
/12:24 am
More late nights.
I'm still feeling upset about exco matters. It's hadn't seem to turn out to be what I've wanted, what I've envisioned it to be. On the other hand, the other exco is nice, funky, and better, in that we plunge into work together, we are saddled with it and all of us take responsibility for it because it is up to US to prepare the presentation, the discussion, to lead it. It's not something you can say I don't want to do it, because we're in it together and we present it together. Just like how I know I have to get the reports done and filed and we will set a day to revamp the noticeboard whilst we work on the latest presentation. But over here... things never seem to work out. Ideas are abandoned, this whole new regime is seemingly characterised by indecisiveness. I wonder- could it be the prior pseudo-dictatorship? We prod around, we question, we appear so frail, so weak in front of the rest, so uncertain of ourselves, how we should behave, what we should do, how we should handle things.
Can we please change things? I don't want it to be like this. I can barely feel the strings holding me there, pulling me back. They may just snap any moment.
It's been an utterly bad week (if your week starts on Sunday) first a stolen handphone, then many many late nights, then 3 tests, and today, the loss of a pretty red umbrella and a little tumble down a few steps with a big case.
0 had their say | have yours?